the tenacity wrap
FLEX THOSE KNITTING MUSCLES
What do you need to knit this wrap? You guessed it, tenacity! But tiny needles + tiny yarn = MAXIMUM impact. Wear it in July, over a sundress, to keep the evening chill away. Wear it in January, wrapped around twice, to keep the bitter winds at bay. TENACITY, like all heirloom knits, richly rewards the tenacious knitter with effortless style, and timeless beauty.
THE KNITTY GRITTY
Before Blocking: 14.5” (37 cm) wide x 76” (193 cm) long.
After Blocking: 18.5” (47 cm) wide x 81” (206 cm) long.
Manos del Uruguay Fino (70% Wool, 30% Silk; 490 yards 448 meters / 100 grams): 4 skeins in “Lorgnette”. Or, approx. 1900-2000 yards of a similar light fingering weight yarn.
- If substituting a different colour—or a different yarn—it’s best to use solids or semi-solids with very little variation in colour. Why? TENACITY is based on a vertical pattern. Yarns with colour variation tend to pool horizontally, which will compete with, or even obscure, the overall pattern.
NEEDLES (adjust if necessary to obtain correct gauge)
One 32” (80 cm) circular needle size US 2 (2.75 mm).
Before Blocking: 46 stitches / 45 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Lace Pattern.
After Blocking: 36 stitches / 44 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Lace Pattern.
For ease of swatching & yarn substitution ONLY, my gauge in Stockinette Stitch was 32 stitches / 44 rows = 4” (10 cm).
- Running low on tenacity? No problem! I’ve included info on adjusting the stitch count to create a smaller project. However, dimensions and yardage for these changes are not included because I, too, have a tenacity limit ;)
- If you are using a hand-dyed yarn, such as Fino, it is extremely important to alternate skeins to prevent a sharp visible contrast each time you add a new skein of yarn.
- TENACITY features a tidy slipped stitch edge detail and uses a modified WS method for alternating skeins to preserve this detail. Instructions and photo tutorial are included in the pattern.
The Fine PRint
- This product is a digital .pdf download. Once you purchase this pattern, you will have 24 hours to download it to your computer, phone or tablet. After 24 hours, it will no longer be available and you will have to re-purchase it, so please be sure to download and save your pattern within 24 hours of purchase.
- Patterns are for individual use only and are protected by international copyright law. In purchasing this pattern you agree to print and use this pattern and all items made from it only for your personal non‐commercial use. You may not distribute or sell electronic or paper copies of this pattern or items made from it.