the falgarwood shawl
A generously proportioned asymmetrical shawl featuring elegant Estonian shells nestled among soothing garter stitch stripes. Created with two shades of hand-dyed Merino and two shades of mohair, FALGARWOOD is a highly knittable shawl to relax with now, and a highly wearable shawl to wrap up in later.
THE KNITTY GRITTY
55” (140 cm) long; measured vertically along right edge x 52” (130 cm) wide; measured horizontally along top edge. 77” (195 cm); measured along diagonal edge.
Akara Yarns Merino Sock (80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon; 420 yards / 385 meters / 115 grams):
‣ (C1) 2 skeins in “Dusty Mauve”.
Sample used a total of approx. 700 yards / 635 meters (~ 200 yards / 180 meters for Section A, ~ 300 yards / 275 meters for Section B, and ~ 200 yards / 180 meters for Section C).
‣ (C3) 1 skein in “Ube”.
Sample used a total of approx. 320 yards / 295 meters (Section B).
YARN B—held double throughout
Katia Concept 50 Mohair Shades (67% Mohair, 30% Polyamide, 3% Wool; 218 yards / 200 meters / 20 grams):
‣ (C2) 3 spools in Colour #6.
Sample used 2 full spools for Section A and one full spool for Section C.
‣ (C4) 1 spool in Colour #17.
Sample used one full spool for Section C.
NEEDLES (adjust if necessary to obtain correct gauge)
One 32” or 40” (80 or 100 cm) circular knitting needle size US 4 (3.5 mm); to accommodate a large number of stitches.
GAUGE (after blocking)
22 stitches and 34 rows = 4” (10 cm) in Garter Stitch Stripes using Yarn A.
Although gauge is not critical for this project, deviating from the pattern gauge will affect total yardage requirements
The FIne Print
- This product is a digital .pdf download. Once you purchase this pattern, you will have 24 hours to download it to your computer, phone or tablet. After 24 hours, it will no longer be available and you will have to re-purchase it, so please be sure to download and save your pattern within 24 hours of purchase.
- Patterns are for individual use only and are protected by international copyright law. In purchasing this pattern you agree to print and use this pattern and all items made from it only for your personal non‐commercial use. You may not distribute or sell electronic or paper copies of this pattern or items made from it.